In anticipation of the construction of the eagerly awaited Cabonne Community Centre, preparation works have commenced at the Community Hall site in Bank Street.
The Cabonne Community Centre has been jointly funded, with the NSW Government and State Library NSW contributing towards the project. The aim of the Cabonne Community Centre is to deliver an expanded, accessible, and modern community building.
A design by enquiry process began in November 2019, with workshops held in December 2019, February 2020 and April 2020.
An architectural design of the Community Centre was rendered following the community consultation process.
The space will incorporate:
• Community hall facilities to allow for public meetings and community functions.
• A library facility with capacity for meetings, study, technology connection and delivery of community-centric programs.
• An exhibition area integrated with the public space. Commercial kitchen for providing catering for community activities.
The tender for the project was awarded to Joss Constructions earlier this year, with local trades encouraged to contact the prospective tenderers in January 2021.
The project includes demolition of the existing building and a re-build to provide safe and user-friendly access and facilities to all members of the community. The project is being managed by the Public Works Advisory.
Construction is due to commence in June, with works taking place between the hours of 7am to 5pm each day, Monday to Saturday.
The program of works is:
• Demolition – June 2021
• Earthworks – July 2021
• Structure erection – August 2021 to December 2021
• Internal fit-out – January 2022 to April 2022
• Expected completion of project – May 2022
The works are not expected to impact on surrounding residential or business areas, but Council will endeavour to advise the public of any changes to the program of works if they occur.